COAT OF ARMS
The Roots of My Family Tree
- Crest: The Osprey, found on every continent except Antarctica, much like the descendants of our ancestors
- Torse: From the Canadian coat of arms, representing the publisher’s patriotism.
- Flags: The two Royal Union flags represent the common heritage of the publisher’s paternal and maternal ancestors.
- Shield: Divided into four quadrants representing the four main ethnic nations of the publisher’s genealogy.
- Charges: The harp of Ireland, the hand of Northern Ireland, the rose of England and the thistle of Scotland.
- Supporters: Two rearing lambs representing common people; one with a chain and crown representing the link and loyalty to the crown and one bare representing the unrestraint of immigration.
- Compartment: Water representing transportation of immigrant ships.
- Banner: Red, representing our common blood with the Latin phrase “ego dicam sua fabula”, meaning "I will tell their story".